Mariposa Cruises strives to maintain the highest safety standards applicable to vessels internationally. As a leader in the passenger vessel industry, Mariposa employs a management system that incorporates the latest standards as laid out by the International Maritime Organization.
Mariposa Cruises is a safety-focused organization. We invest in our people through consistent, thorough safety training and in our safety equipment. We employ professional, quality officers who are responsible for prioritizing safety onboard.
Our Captains and Mates:
- All Captains and Mates are certified by Transport Canada to operate in Toronto Harbour and surrounding area;
- All Officers hold current Marine First Aid certificates;
- Captains have a minimum 5 years experience as a Mate on board our vessels prior to being in command;
- All officers have extensive local knowledge required to safely navigate the waters of the Toronto Harbour and Islands, one of the busiest small vessel ports in Canada;
- Our Engineering department is lead by our Chief Engineer, who holds a 2nd class Marine Engineer certificate and has a wealth of experience;
- Mariposa's Engineers work year round to ensure that our fleet continue to operate in optimal form.
- Our people are our strength and Mariposa invests in the training of its crew- involving safety training, customer service training and safe service of alcohol.
- All crew are Smart Serve Certified. All Managers/Bar Tenders have completed the Safer Bars Course. AGCO presents to our hospitality department to ensure understanding of safe service.
- All our crew receive Marine Emergency Duties training and vessel familiarization training upon joining our organization;
- Emergency Drills are conducted on a bi-weekly basis where all the crew are given refreshers on their Emergency Duty Training;
- The Mariposa fleet is inspected annually by Transport Canada Ship Safety;
- All vessels are regularly inspected by our Engineering department to ensure prime operating condition.
- Each ship has redundant systems and subdivisions providing the maximum level of safety for every cruise.
For a complete outline of our Terms of Carriage, please click here (PDF)