ACCESSIBILITY STANDARD FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE
Mariposa Cruises is committed to excellence in serving all guests including people with disabilities, always conscious of the principles of independence, dignity, integration, and equal opportunity.
Mariposa Cruises wishes to accommodate all persons with disabilities wherever and whenever possible on our boats and will do what we can, to the best of our abilities, to assist those persons with disabilities on our boats. Due to the nature of boarding ramps, water tight doors and general ship construction, we are unable to accommodate persons in wheelchairs on all of our boats. The ‘Oriole’ does have a wheelchair ramp and can accommodate non-motorized wheelchairs; however the restrooms are on the lower level which is accessed via stairs.
We will ensure that our team is trained and familiar with various assistive devices (e.g. walkers) that may be used by customers with disabilities while on our premises or onboard any of our boats.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that are respectful of their disability and in response to their indicated preference.
We welcome guests with disabilities and their service animals. If other guests have allergies to the service animal, we will make every accommodation possible to both parties (i.e. seating on separate decks).
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them onto our boats. The Support person will be charged the regular fare.
We will notify customers of this through notices posted on our website, telephones, emails, on our boats, and other premises where reservations or bookings may be communicated.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of services on our boats or related premises or facilities for customers with disabilities, Mariposa Cruises will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative options, dates, or times when our normal operations or services will be made available. This notice will be made available on our website, by telephone, email, and on our boats, and other premises where reservations or bookings may be communicated.
Training for Our Team
Mariposa Cruises will provide training specific to Accessibility Standards for Customer Service to our team within their first thirty (30) days of hiring or during the regular Mariposa Cruises training orientation.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07.
- Mariposa Cruises customer service plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the various equipment or assistive devices or otherwise that may help with providing our services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our boats, as applicable.
- Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Mariposa Cruises provides services to people with disabilities can do so via e-mail, verbally, feedback card, or by mail. All feedback will be directed to Management. Customers can expect to hear back within fifteen (15) days of receipt. Complaints will be addressed according to our organizations regular management procedures.
Any policy of Mariposa Cruises that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.