This Thanksgiving recipe is gluten free and can be used to stuff your turkey or acorn squash, or you can simply serve it as a side dish.
Without further ado, here is Chef Gus’ Thanksgiving quinoa with sweet potato and dried cranberry stuffing.
|1 ½ cups of water
1 cup white quinoa
3 sweet potatoes
½ red onion
1 clove of garlic
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red pepper
½ cup dried cranberries
2 Tbsps parsley
Salt & pepper
How to prepare this dish
- In a saucepan, add 1 ½ cups of water, white quinoa, and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow quinoa to simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let cool in a large bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Dice your sweet potatoes, red onions, red peppers, and garlic and place on a baking sheet
- Mix the diced vegetables with olive oil, salt, and pepper and roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine the vegetables with the quinoa and mix well, stirring in the dried cranberries and parsley to finish the dish.
Voila, you have a delicious gluten-free stuffing. Serve in a hallowed out acorn squash for a little more wow-factor at your Thanksgiving dinner.
If you’d like a demonstration of how to create our Thanksgiving Quinoa check out our Executive Chef Gus Sawh on Global’s Good Morning Show.
About the Chef:
Chef Gus is our resident executive chef aka Captain of the Galley. He discovered his love of the culinary arts at a young age while working at his family’s restaurants in Trinidad and has been wowing Mariposa guests with his first rate cuisine since 1989.
During peak season he oversees the preparation of up to 1,600 meals per day across our 6 vessels.